What’s Your Project?

Please add your project either in a post or in the comments box so that we can see what everyone is doing.

6 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. callanlewis October 18, 2013 at 5:07 am | | Reply

Hi everyone in team Create.

After chatting with Lois, I thought id post here an update on some ideas and the potential project we have decided to pursue.

Jess and I had talked about organising an online collaboration lesson between our two schools Grade Two and Grade 1/2 classes, using either Google Hangout or Blackboard collaborate or the like (if we can get it working). We are pretty excited about this idea and keen to have a test run and the get it going early this term. It seems to fit in with our overarching themes of ‘How do we create and maintain global and community links?’ and also ‘How do we ensure our students and teachers are using up to date and effective ICT tools in the classroom?’.

I would love to get some feedback and indeed even some advice on this idea from
    all/anyone. Let us know what you think.

On another note, I’ve finally established a Webmail system at our school for
    all students in grades 3-6, so we can begin implementing this within our daily practices and hopefully it will help with and link into creating classroom Blogs and introducing more Google Apps technology.

Thanks TLI21C for some great ideas in relation to this and from the webinars!

Cheers,

Callan

2. reginagiblin October 28, 2013 at 9:25 am | | Reply

Hi all,
    After the Google hangout last week I have started a blog to use with the year 10 students.
    The blog is http://exploringart.global2.vic.edu.au/
    I am going to use it tomorrow for the first time. I’ll keep you updated how it goes. Still trying to work out what I want included on the blog how to use it the most effectively.
    Cheers,
    Reg

3. Jess October 30, 2013 at 5:09 am | | Reply

Hey Guys

For my project I will be skyping with Callan to develop professional links. For my students I have implemented the use of blogs, twitter and Skype to develop global links and to engage my students in global activities.

In my classroom I have used programs such as mimio and today’s meet to enhance student learning.

4. Jess November 8, 2013 at 3:47 am | | Reply

Things are moving along really well with the project. Callan and I tested our hangout skills and after some problems we were finally able to meet up and prepare for our classes to meet next week. My class have been coming up with questions and collating them on todaysmeet.com. We are also going to add an old school aspect by getting our kids to write and post letter to each other, then comparing the two styles.

5. wendyb November 27, 2013 at 8:32 am | | Reply

My project was to begin using technology that reached and was able to be accessed by all my students, including my funded kids. I decided that I would try to allow the students the freedom to explore in iMovie. This ended up being a fantastic idea. I also created a Dropbox account where the students could access their work from any laptop, (which helped saved the “I was on that laptop”, I don’t know which laptop my work is saved on”) and they could also show their parents and family from home. It has now become apparent that Dropbox isn’t the best, as we have lost a lot of students work as the students keep accidentally taking things off or deleting things. I have also been listening and watching what other people are doing here, so over the school holidays I will have a play around with Google Drive and will use that with the students next year. At the presentation, I will be discussing how iMovie has enhanced the way I do things and allow those students who aren’t very good at writing or written presentations, to be able to display their work and still achieve success. I have examples that I am very proud of that I will share and discuss how my autistic students have really shone bright, and how much they have improved with just a simple little program.